Feb 11, 2016

Shut up, Wesley

It is easy to meditate on the negatives that come our way. Here are some bright spots of my week I thought I would share.

Seriously, check out Coffee Buddha in Perrysville.
I got to meet a celebrity today, fellow tiny house enthusiast Rachel Ford! If you haven't heard of her, I am shocked. You must have missed her spot on WTAE (that was then picked up by Abc News) earlier this week. She is one of many tiny house enthusiasts living in western PA that have found each other via facebook. Many of us discovered we lived only a few minutes from each other! Tonight we met up at the best little coffee shop ever and gushed about our tiny homes (and our adorable pets).

The weather was warm enough and the daylight longer that I was able to take Jack for a walk multiple times this week. The snow was beautiful but the cold not too biting. While walking I enjoy listening to podcast. During the last walk I listened to a very pertinent Stuff You Should Know appropriately titled "Do objects or experiences make us happier?". Science is still out, but it is believed some of the greatest happiness can be found from relationships with canines.

Jack, proof you can get away with murder if you are cute enough.
Currently I am living with my mom (cause I'm cool, don't be jealous) and have been home alone for a whole week. Now it may not seem like a huge deal to people over 18 or are not Macaulay Culkin, but it is very rare that I have a house to myself. I have gone from living with family to college, to home, to sharing an apartment, back to home again, did have my own place for one year, then back home once again because animal rescue pays nothing. So, it is an event for me especially considering all the pets are still alive and nothing has caught fire... yet.

Last evening I watched an episode of Star Trek that I forgot I saved. Riker had been captured while undercover on a planet that hadn't yet invented warp drive. Don't roll your eyes, Next Generation is awesome and you know it. I would drop everything to follow Captain Picard into space. Not even kidding.